Grizzly Pet Products Grizzly Salmon Plus™
he most complete source of Omega-3 fatty acids comes from a blend of wild-caught Alaskan salmon, pollock, and whitefish oils
Improved Omega Profile
When Grizzly Salmon Oil became Grizzly Salmon Plus™, its omega profile got a fresh update:
- We increased its EPA levels to better support a healthy skin and coat
- We maintained its already high levels of DHA that support your pet’s heart, organs, and immune system
- We lowered its Omega-6 levels (read why below)*
Wild… Not Farmed
Grizzly Salmon Plus™ is derived only from wild-caught, sustainably harvested, deep-water Alaskan sources—fish that have spent their entire lives foraging on a native, nutrient-rich diet. The resulting oil contains a balanced blend of valuable Omegas, as well as inherent antioxidants and vitamins.
Sustainable High Quality
The oils for Grizzly Salmon Plus™ are extracted from human-grade fish, thanks to our founder’s ingenious idea of co-locating our extraction plants alongside human-grade fish processing plants.
Rather than catching (or farming) fish to make our oils, we utilize all of the wild-caught, human-grade fish not already destined for human consumption, which respects precious marine resources while ensuring your pet receives the highest quality fish oil possible.
Understanding Omega Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are important fats that pets must get from their diet in order to maintain optimum health.
Omega-3s: long chain fatty acids DHA, EPA, and ALA
- DHA: helps support the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems.
- EPA: helps promote healthy skin and coat.
- ALA: only about 15% is nutritionally available for skin and coat health.
*Omega-6s: linoleic acid (LA)—essential in small amounts
- An elevated Omega-6 content may trigger an inflammatory response.
- Most pet foods have too high an Omega-6 content.
- A high Omega-6 content must be balanced with Omega-3 supplements like Grizzly Salmon Plus™.
Omega-9s: provides a good source of energy
- The body makes its own Omega-9s as needed.
- Not a nutritionally important fatty acid.
- The body burns excess Omega-9s as a calorie-dense source of energy.
Learn more about our other two Omega Supplements:
We Also Recommend
Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Dry Dog Food
Cloud Star Buddy Biscuits Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Dog Treats